Life is filled with simple pleasures – the little satisfying effects you never really anticipate, but always take great pleasure in. They are life’s unexpected gifts that we all subconsciously celebrate in our own unique way.
Every day on our sister site, What Money Cannot Buy, people share their favorite simple pleasures and vote on the simple pleasures that other users have submitted. Over the past year the site has amassed an immense database of truly priceless moments.
As stated on the What Money Cannot Buy About page, if the economic downturn has clouded your mind with worry then you’re in the right place. Our users submit dozens of simple pleasures and priceless moments every week that make them happy and don’t cost a dime.
They say the best things in life are free. And I think the list below perfectly proves that point. Of the thousands of simple pleasures that have been submitted to What Money Cannot Buy over the past year, these are 365 of our personal favorites.
1. Songs that bring you back to great moments in your life.
2. Sleeping right next to someone you truly love.
3. Accidentally overhearing someone say nice things about you.
4. Laughing so hard you don’t even make any noise.
5. That instant when the thing you didn’t understand suddenly makes complete sense.
6. Those random good-hair days when you just feel beautiful or handsome.
7. Kissing someone and smiling at the same time.
8. When you drop something and then swiftly grab it in mid-air before it hits the ground.
9. When questions on an exam give away the answers to other questions on the same exam.
10. The feeling you get when a group of friends all laugh really hard at one of your random jokes.
11. Making a completely random guess and getting it right.
12. Waking up, realizing it’s the weekend, and curling up for another thirty minutes of sleep.
13. The bittersweet feeling of finishing a really good book.
14. Finally getting to sleep in your own bed after being away for a few weeks.
15. Correctly guessing an old password on a website you haven’t visited in awhile.
16. Waking up all by yourself a minute or two before your alarm goes off and feeling well rested.
17. Seeing a best friend you haven’t seen in awhile and picking up right where you left off.
18. When someone tells you “yes” when you expected them to say “no.”
19. Sitting outside during a thunderstorm. The sound of the thunder, the flash of lightning and the smell of rain to remind you of the beauty of nature.
20. When you’re hot under your bed covers and you stick one leg out from under the covers to cool off.
21. The sudden silence when you pass under a bridge on the highway when it’s pouring rain outside.
22. Realizing you were smiling the entire time you were talking to someone, right after you hang up the phone.
23. Laughing hysterically with your friends, then pausing momentarily, looking at each other, and then laughing hysterically again.
24. When your significant other kisses you when they think you are asleep.
25. Taking the perfect picture.
26. An unexpected compliment from an unlikely someone.
27. When someone around you randomly starts laughing and even though you don’t know why they’re laughing it makes you laugh too.
28. Popping bubble wrap.
29. Listening to someone else’s heartbeat.
30. The feeling you get when you’re just waking up when you’ve gotten enough sleep.
31. The kind of friend you can say “I love you” to without implying anything but a deep platonic friendship.
32. Seeing two elderly folks who are madly in love. It’s a sight of love that has surpassed the tests of time.
33. Finding something you made when you were a kid.
34. Hanging out with your closest friends and just being able to feel comfortable in your own skin around them.
35. Being next in line.
36. When you succeed in doing something someone said you were incapable of doing.
37. Wind blowing through your hair.
38. The feeling of ‘clicking’ with someone else’s personality instantly, and being able to talk about anything even if you’ve only known each other for a few hours.
39. When the song on the radio ends right as you pull into the driveway.
40. The humble feeling of accomplishment you get after you fix something that was broken.
41. When you wake up before your alarm and you have enough time to go back to sleep for awhile.
42. Pulling into your neighborhood after a long road trip.
43. Randomly catching a glimpse of your reflection in a window or mirror and liking what you see.
44. Seeing the person who makes your heart race, even if it’s just for a few seconds in the hallway.
45. Hearing a new song you really like and then downloading it and listening to it over and over and over.
46. A certain smell that instantly takes you back to another place or time in your life.
47. Crossing things off your to-do list.
48. Seeing somebody use and enjoy a gift you gave them.
49. When the beer or soda foam goes up out of the glass, but doesn’t spill over.
50. Being able to tell someone some genuine good news.
The good pain of stretching your legs after sitting down for a long time. Keep reading ? Articles by Marc and Angel Hack Life http://www.marcandangel.com
Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.